Street tree inventory data collection begins in June. This is a monumental undertaking and we need many volunteers to help us collect and process data! Presently we seek volunteers for the role of:
Tree Bud Crew Leader
No prior experience is necessary. Crew Leaders must attend a half-day Tree ID Training to learn inventory protocol and how to identify trees. Crew leaders team up with a couple new buds on data collection days and walk the neighborhood, collecting data on our street trees. They are backed by Tree Bud Arborists and Organizers. If they stubble across a strange trees, no worries, we got ya! Crew leaders are also the face of Montavilla Tree Buds, neighbors who can educate others about the importance of street trees in our community. You will get swag and status as a leader, aside from have a great time outdoors this summer.
- Attend 1-4 of our inventory workdays this summer.
- Lead novice volunteers on work days to map, measure, and ID street trees.
- Ensure data collected is correct, legible, and complete.
- Educate the public about the Tree Inventory Project and promote the community benefits of trees.
Tree Bud Crew Leaders must attend one of the following training sessions.
Hinson Church, 1137 SE 20th Ave, Portland, OR 97214
- Saturday, June 6 8:30-noon
- Saturday, June 6 1:00-4:30 pm
Mt. Scott Community Center, 5530 SE 72nd Ave, Portland, OR 97206
- Wednesday, June 10, 8:30-noon
- Wednesday June 10, 1:00-4:30 pm
- Saturday June 13, 8:30- noon
- Saturday June 13, 1:00 – 4:30 pm
See our calendar to register for ONE of the sessions above. Once you register for a training, you will get email reminders and updates about our training date. Alternatively you can register by filling out the 2015 TIP registration form and emailing it or by calling (503) 823-2525 during regular business hours.
* We are able to verify volunteerism, if you seek a volunteer opportunity to fulfill a employee benefits program, school credit, or internship.